GRTU secures Ministry’s commitment for a PPP for PV investments by local operators
- Created on Thursday, 16 April 2015 13:01
Local operators in the PV sector will soon be given the opportunity to carry out installations at an area which the Government will be allocating for such investments at a price of Eur 0.50c per sqm.
This is an initiative GRTU has, during the past months, been lobbying for and is now very pleased that Government has seen the validity of its proposal and Minister Konrad Mizzi has committed himself to make it work.
The Capital Markets Union - Unlocking funding for Europe's Growth
- Created on Thursday, 16 April 2015 12:25
The European Commission has recently launched a Green Paper on building a Capital Markets Union and two flanking consultation papers on securitisation and a review of the Prospectus Directive.
This Green paper was launched as an initiative to break down existing cross-border barriers in European investment which prevents businesses from accessing finance at reasonable cost, give savers more investment choices as well as enhance the efficiency of the system that channels such funds.
GRTU condemns discrimination against Maltese enterprises
- Created on Wednesday, 08 April 2015 11:52
GRTU has followed reports in the media where it was stated that 300,000 square meters of space had been granted to Enemalta, so as to be made available to Shanghai Electric Power, at the mere price of Eur 0.50c per square meter.
GRTU is very disappointed by such an announcement after it has been lobbying for Government to make an area of land available to local businesses for PV investments.
Micro-Enterprises need to be kept at the heart of Apprenticeship Schemes – GRTU
- Created on Monday, 06 April 2015 09:11
A Country Thematic Review by CEDEFOP (EU Centre for Vocational Training) on Malta’s Apprenticeship Schemes gave an overview of the current systems in order to pave the way forward for reforms in work-based learning tied in order to make vocational training more closely tied to industry needs. This report was presented today at a Stakeholders’ Meeting held at MCAST in Paola.
- GRTU puts forward SMEs and micro-enterprises concerns at joint MCESD and MEUSAC Core Group Meeting with Minister Scicluna on National Reform Programme
- Government launches of a website to promote green products and services
- Launch of the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund Operational Programme 2014-2020 for Malta
- Family Business Act to help family-owned businesses survive is now being presented to Cabinet
- Guidelines for Outdoor Catering Areas on Public Open Space